The objective of the CINAPAR
The overarching objective of the Civil Society Coalition is to work collaboratively on policy and advocacy strategies to ensure the full and effective implementation of the National Action Plan Against Racism. The Coalition’s campaign activities include but not limited to:
- Strategic and Political Advocacy
2. Raising community awareness of non-discrimination & community dialogue on the implementation of the NAPAR and its benefits.
3. Engaging in public discussion on the need to ensure the effective implementation of the NAPAR and benefits of putting communities at the center of that.
4. Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the NAPAR.
Recognising the wealth of experience, knowledge, and expertise that members of the Coalition bring, it is envisaged that the Coalition will contribute to the following key areas:
- Providing expertise on racism, racial discrimination, hate crime, xenophobia, and other related intolerances.
- Fact-checking statutory reports, statements, publications, and lobbying activities
- Facilitating consultations with key stakeholders including those who are directly affected by racism, racial discrimination, hate crime, xenophobia, and other related intolerances.
- Develop collective responses and campaigns on racism and racial discrimination.
- Using networks to disseminate information on the group to achieve a coordinated and cohesive civil society response.
- Supporting member organisations and other contacts to utilise authoritative reports, statements, publications
- Advising on follow-up strategies, programmes, and interventions
On 22nd March, 2023, INAR released its 2022 Reports of Racism in Ireland. The data reiterated that racism is an everyday reality for people from minoritised ethnic backgrounds. In light of this, the CINAPAR called for an effective NAPAR that is implemented with full partnership of affected communities. More details on the statement can be found below.
The SNAPAR has been written in direct response to the State NAPAR, offering a useful tool to learn from, critically engage with and reflect on this significant document from the State. It offers detailed context underscoring the necessity of the NAPAR as well as offering ways for fulfilling its deepest implementation.
Members of the CINAPAR have been pivotal in bringing this document through their participation in the consultation process and their expert feedback. The Shadow Report on the NAPAR continues to guide the work of the coalition in ensuring the NAPAR is implemented effectively.
Members of the CINAPAR INCLUDE: