Coalition for the Implementation of the National Action Plan Against Racism
iINAR is a founding organisation of the Coalition for the Implementation of the National Action Plan Against Racism (CINAPAR), a civil society coalition that works collaboratively on policy and advocacy strategies ro ensure full and effective implementation of the National Action Plan Against Racism.
The objective of the CINAPAR
The overarching objective of the Civil Society Coalition is to work collaboratively on policy and advocacy strategies to ensure the full and effective implementation of the National Action Plan Against Racism. The Coalition’s campaign activities include but not limited to:
- Strategic and Political Advocacy
2. Raising community awareness of non-discrimination & community dialogue on the implementation of the NAPAR and its benefits.
3. Engaging in public discussion on the need to ensure the effective implementation of the NAPAR and benefits of putting communities at the center of that.
4. Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the NAPAR.
Recognising the wealth of experience, knowledge, and expertise that members of the Coalition bring, it is envisaged that the Coalition will contribute to the following key areas:
- Providing expertise on racism, racial discrimination, hate crime, xenophobia, and other related intolerances.
- Fact-checking statutory reports, statements, publications, and lobbying activities
- Facilitating consultations with key stakeholders including those who are directly affected by racism, racial discrimination, hate crime, xenophobia, and other related intolerances.
- Develop collective responses and campaigns on racism and racial discrimination.
- Using networks to disseminate information on the group to achieve a coordinated and cohesive civil society response.
- Supporting member organisations and other contacts to utilise authoritative reports, statements, publications
- Advising on follow-up strategies, programmes, and interventions
iReport Data Prompts CINAPAR call for effective NAPAR
On 22nd March, 2023, INAR released its 2022 Reports of Racism in Ireland. The data reiterated that racism is an everyday reality for people from minoritised ethnic backgrounds. In light of this, the CINAPAR called for an effective NAPAR that is implemented with full partnership of affected communities. More details on the statement can be found below.
Members of the CINAPAR INCLUDE:
Asian Alliance Ireland
Dublin City Community Cooperative
Dublin City Interfaith Forum
Irish Council of International Students (ICOS)
Immigrant Council of Ireland
Irish Baha’i Community
Irish Network Against Racism
Islamic Foundation of Ireland
National Traveller MABS
National Youth Council of Ireland
New Community Partnership
Find out more about the history and progress of the National Action Plan Against Racism in Ireland