IRISH NETWORK AGAINST RACISM
INAR (Irish Network Against Racism) is a national network of over 100 anti-racism civil society organisations which aims to work collectively to highlight and address the racism in Ireland through the promotion and monitoring of Irish, EU and global trends and anti-racist initiatives. The Membership of INAR is open to all civil society groups and organisations committed to diversity, equality and combating racism in Ireland. See how to join our Network. INAR is an active member of the European Network Against Racism (ENAR) based in Brussels, a network of 160 organisations from 30 European States. INAR actively collaborates with the ENAR to coordinate research initiatives, campaigns and mobilisations, bringing a European dimension to Ireland and vice-versa. .
INAR’s organisational values and principles
INAR’s work and organisational efforts are informed by the following core values and practice principles.
Choice, agency, freedom, self-determination and the absence of coercion.
Participation, voice, empowerment and accountability from those in positions of authority.
Respect, relationships of care and love, human worth and the absence of inhumane and degrading treatment, harassment and discrimination.
A sense of belonging and community, interdependence, collective responsibility and a valuing of diversity.
Redistribution of wealth, income, jobs and social goods and the absence of privilege and entitlement.
IREPORT.IE RACIST INCIDENT REPORTING SYSTEM
iReport.ie Racist Incident Reporting System, INAR Ireland’s flagship project, was launched in July 2013. It allows the people, communities, and organisations of Ireland to confidentially report racism nationwide.
- National, confidential and user-friendly way to report racism from any online device.
- Enables people who experience or witness racism and/or those supporting them to do something about it and break the silence.
- Used for monitoring racism in Ireland.
- Provides evidence and data on racism in Ireland.
- Counters an increase in racism and a hardening of racist attitudes.
- Helps focus the discussion on finding solutions to racism.